Learn to calculate tidal currents, plan trips, and navigate NYC waters.
- Person on our touring kayaks 50% off for members
- Person on our touring SUPs 50% off for members
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Cozy Up to this Ex-Warship on the Harlem Waterfront
We will paddle north to the Baylander IX-514, which served in the Vietnam War and is now docked at the West Harlem Piers near 125th Street. Navy helicopter pilots used the Baylander as landing trainer ship from 1968 to 1986. This 10 mile trip has no landing stops for meals or bathrooms.
- Requirements: This is an Advanced trip. Complete at least 3 Intermediate trips this year or get approval before booking. Each season, start with shorter trips and work up to longer trips.
What to bring:
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Dry bag with water bottle, thermos, and energy snacks
- Touring kayak or board, lifejacket, paddle, and guide
- Restroom, lockers, changing room
- We rent wet suits, paddle jackets, and neoprene boots