Rent a kayak or SUP in our fun NYC cove for families, kids 3+ and dogs.
- Shoes that can get wet
- Water bottle and energy snack
- A combination lock for the lockers
- If unvaccinated for COVID, wear a face mask
- Arrive in quick-dry athletic clothes and bring extras
- June Session
- July Session
- August Session
Solidify your kids’ love of the outdoors!
At Manhattan Kayak, we balance water education and fun. Children learn to appreciate the outdoors while gaining confidence on the water and making new friends. We infuse our programming with a sense of playfulness while ensuring safety and supervision as the children become navigators of the Hudson River.
Each class includes 1.5 hours of kayak or stand-up paddle board instruction, followed by an hour of boat handling games, SUP yoga and dance, marine life education, or boat maintenance lessons.
- Ages 8-14 years old only.
- Swimming skills are required in case of capsize.
- Children must be able to listen and follow directions.
- Your child must be able to follow our COVID Protocols at all times.
Dates and Times
The Program runs in 3 sessions: June, July, and August. Each session includes four 2.5-hour classes.
- June Session (8, 15, 22, 29): Tuesdays 3-5:30pm
- July Session (6, 13, 20, 27): Tuesdays 3-5:30pm
- August Session (3, 10, 17, 24): Tuesdays 3-5:30pm
We will use the open-air space in the boathouse for fun activities during rain or strong wind. If we must cancel due to dangerous weather, such as downpours or lightning, we’ll alert you at least 2 hours ahead and refund you for the class.
- One instructor for every five children
- Lockers, restrooms, outdoor shower, changing rooms
- Sit-on-top kayaks, paddle boards, lifejackets, paddles
- $350 per month session
- Price including all equipment and fees
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].