Know the tidal currents, safety standards, and outfitting.
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Water bottle and energy snack
- If unvaccinated for COVID, wear a face mask
- Arrive in quick-dry athletic clothes and bring extras
- Person on our touring kayaks
- Person on our touring SUPs
- Use your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
The essential lifesaver for experienced paddlers
Be confident in your ability to rescue other kayakers and paddleboarders. We’ll cover essential rescues: Tampa T-rescues, bow rescues, and self-rescues. A crucial skill if you ever plan to paddle without a guide.
- Required – For intermediate level and up. Paddlers must have finished Kayak or SUP Basics 4
- Lessons more than 60 days forward will say “Call to Book” and are not open for sign up yet
- Touring kayak or board, lifejacket, paddle, and instructor
- Restroom, lockers, outdoor showers, changing room