Essential Eligibility Criteria: Manhattan Kayak + SUP
Tel: 212-924-1788 ● Email: [email protected]
Our programs are open only to those who acknowledge the ability to do all of the following:
1. Breathe independently, i.e. not requiring a medical device for breathing
2. Independently maintain sealed airway passages while under water
3. Independently hold your head upright without neck or head support
4. Manage personal care independently or with assistance of a companion
5. Manage personal mobility independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
6. Follow instructions and effectively communicate independently or with assistance of a companion
7. Independently turn from face-down to face-up and remain floating face up while wearing a fitted life jacket
8. Get in/out or on/off of a boat independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
9. Independently get out from underneath a capsized paddlecraft
10. Maintain a safe body position while attempting skills listed in the Class and Trip Descriptions, and be able to notify our staff when such efforts would be unsafe given your personal situation.
11. Maximum weight per person is 250 lbs.