Paddle and explore the history of Midtown Manhattan, Hell’s Kitchen, and Chelsea.
- Person on our kayaks
- Person on our SUPs
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Paddle To Little Island & Explore Gansevoort Beach
From the Pier 84 Boathouse in the Hudson River Park, we paddle past Chelsea Piers toward Little Island. The Island is spectacular from underneath – only reachable by sea kayak or SUP. After ogling, we continue paddling to the beach at Gansevoort Peninsula. Choose to lie down in the sand or walk around to Little Island and Pier 57’s Rooftop Park and Food Market. On select dates, we add an extra hour to visit the Whitney Museum! After enjoying the urban exploration, we get back on the water and paddle home during sunset. We cover 4 miles round trip.
- Not for beginners. This is an Intermediate tour. Before booking, complete our Basics 1-2-3 Class Series or get pre-screened.
- Each season, start with shorter tours and work up to longer tours. If this tour felt easy, try Intermediate tours with longer distances or more windy conditions.
What To Bring
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Dry bag with snacks and water
- Kayak or SUP, life jacket, paddle, guide
- Restroom, lockers, changing room, outdoor shower
What To Wear
- May-October: Athletic clothing. No cotton.
- November-December: Wetsuit, boots, paddle jacket. We borrow these FREE
- January-April: Your own drysuit. Know how to dress for cold & cold water.