Paddle and explore the history of Midtown Manhattan, Hell’s Kitchen, and Chelsea.
Little Island Tour
- Person on our kayaks
- Person on our SUPs
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Paddle to Manhattan’s Little Island and Gansevoort Peninsula!
From the Pier 84 Boathouse in the Hudson River Park, we paddle past Chelsea Piers to Little Island. From a touring kayak or paddle board, you’ll get a unique view of the Island’s wondrous white stilts. The tour continues on to see Gansevoort Peninsula, which is under construction. After that, the group pauses for an on-water snack before heading back. We cover 4 miles round trip.
- Not for beginners. This is an Intermediate tour. Before booking, complete 4 Basics Classes or get pre-screened. Each season, start with shorter tours and work up to longer tours.
- If this tour is easy for you, try Intermediate tours with longer distances or in more windy conditions.
What To Bring
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Dry bag with snacks and water
- Quick dry clothes suitable for the day and extras for after
- Kayak or paddle board, life jacket, paddle, and guide
- Restroom, lockers, outdoor showers, and changing room