Learn to calculate tidal currents, plan trips, and navigate NYC waters.
- Person on our touring kayaks 50% off for members
- Person on our touring SUPs 50% off for members
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Get up close to the unique waterfront of Lower Manhattan!
We paddle south from the Pier 84 Boathouse to the confluence of the Hudson River and the Upper Bay. The group will saunter around the Battery shoreline if conditions and boat traffic permits. We’ll pause for an on-water snack at Brookfield Place. This trip has no landing stops for meals or bathrooms. We’ll cover 9 miles round trip.
- This is an advanced trip.
What to bring:
- Face mask required in the boathouse
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Dry bag with water bottle, thermos, energy snacks, and gloves or pogies
- Wet suit with paddle jacket until 12/20. Dry suit with base layers from 12/21-5/1
- Touring kayak or board, lifejacket, paddle, and guide
- Restroom, lockers, changing room
- We rent wet suits, paddle jackets, and neoprene boots