Relax at the forested beach under the towering George Washington Bridge.
- Person on our touring kayaks 50% off for members
- Person on our touring SUPs 50% off for members
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Paddle to this restored 1850s tavern and mainstay of Paulus Hook!
We paddle south from the Pier 84 Boathouse, cross the Hudson River, and land behind the Colgate Clock. Hungry paddlers head into the Paulus Hook historic district to the Light Horse Tavern. After a jolly time warming up indoors, we get back in our boats and ride the flood back to the boathouse. We’ll cover 9 miles round trip.
- This is an advanced trip.
What to bring:
- Face mask required in the boathouse
- Brunch money
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Footwear with a sole to wear on the break
- Dry bag with water bottle, thermos, and gloves or pogies
- Wet suit with paddle jacket until 12/20. Dry suit with base layers from 12/21-5/1
- Touring kayak or board, lifejacket, paddle, and guide
- Restroom, lockers, changing room
- We rent wet suits, paddle jackets, and neoprene boots