Paddle to the ocean to watch for whales and eat hot dogs.
- A lock for the lockers
- At least 4 liters of water
- Spray jacket and headlamp for after sunset
- If unvaccinated for COVID, wear a face mask
- Dry bag with a packed meal and supplements
- Quick dry clothes suitable for the day’s conditions and extras for after
- Person on our touring kayaks
- Person on our touring SUPs
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Paddle to where NYC meets the ocean
Participants must have comfortably finished the Red Hook Trip this year.
We venture from the boathouse and pass Ellis Island, Liberty Island, and Staten Island. Finally, we land at a hidden beach near the 4,260-foot double-decker bridge spanning Brooklyn and Staten Island. We’ll cover 25 miles round trip. Next, only if this trip was easy for you, go on any elite trip.
- Skill level – elite
- Required – must have comfortably finished the Red Hook Trip this year
- Kayak or paddleboard, life jacket, paddle, and guide
- Restroom, lockers, outdoor showers, and changing room