Spuyten Duyvil Tour
- Person on our surf skis
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Explore the Tidal Strait at the Tip of Manhattan
We paddle north from the Pier 84 Boathouse past the George Washington Bridge to the tidal strait that connects the Hudson River and Harlem River. Spuyten Duyvil Creek, whose name means “in spite of the Devil” in Dutch, is a quaint and scenic place to take an hour break to eat lunch. See the Little Red Lighthouse and Riverside Park on the way. We cover 18 miles round trip.
- This is an Advanced tour. Before booking, complete 3 Intermediate tours this season or get pre-screened. Each season, start with shorter tours and work up to longer tours.
What To Bring
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Plenty of energy supplements
- Water bottle and packed lunch
- Shoes to wear on land during the break
- Quick dry clothes suitable for the day’s conditions and extras for after
- Touring kayak or board, lifejacket, paddle, and guide
- Restroom, lockers, outdoor showers, changing room