Families go kayaking or paddle boarding with their dog in the cove along the Intrepid Aircraft Carrier!
Rent Kayaks & Boards
Along The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Person: Age 2+
Rent a kayak or paddle board in the Hudson River Park!
Enjoy kayaking and paddle boarding in the Hudson River Park along the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum. Choose a kayak or board, get a quick lesson, then paddle for 45 minutes. Ride, chase, spin, splash and smile! Our team supervises all renters, controls boundaries, and tows anyone who has difficulty. To learn more about the protected cove, read more here.
- No swimming or boating experience needed
- Maximum weight is 250 lb per person
- Ages 2-11 must ride with an adult or bigger kid
- Parent or chaperone must accompany minors
- NYC outfitters cannot rent boats to roam the open water alone. Renters stay in the protected cove! To go onto the scenic Hudson River, join guided river tours.
What To Bring
- Shoes that can get wet
- Quick-dry athletic clothes
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Water bottle and energy snack
- Restroom, lockers, changing rooms, water bottle refiller
- Kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, paddles
- Lifejackets for people and dogs