Learn sea kayaking or paddle boarding for years of fun and adventures!
SUP Basics 1-2-3 Classes
- Basics Class 2.5 hours
- Basics 1-2-3 Class Pack 7.5 hours
Learn How To Stand-Up Paddleboard Class in NYC!
Learn everything you need to start Stand Up Paddleboarding from our certified instructors. You’ll be introduced to the largest selection of paddleboards in New York City, including all-around, touring and inflatable SUPs. After a safety briefing, learn how to launch a touring board into the cove along Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum. The cove is protected from waves and wind of the Hudson River and is a perfect place for beginners. Try sitting, standing and jumping off of the board safely. Get comfortable with our touring boards in SUP Basics 1-2-3, then join Intermediate Tours and Trainings and Memberships. Boards, paddles, lifejackets and facilities provided!
SUP Basics 1: Learn to outfit yourself. Paddle while sitting and standing. 2.5 hours.
SUP Basics 2: Practice fundamental paddle strokes. Learn to jump off the board safely. 2.5 hours.
SUP Basics 3: Grow open water awareness. Try catching bumps and swells. 2.5 hours.
- Ages 15+
- No swimming experience needed
- Maximum body weight is 225 lb
- Must be able to do 10 push-ups and 10 squats
- We recommend one class per week. Many peoples’ energy levels wane after one class. People who’re in great shape or have paddled before may endure two classes
- Those who drop out within 72 hours of the start time cannot have their class credit reissued. Full price must be payed for another class!
What To Bring
- Shoes that can get wet
- Quick-dry athletic clothes
- Change of clothes for after
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Water bottle and energy snack
- Touring board that fits your ability and preferences
- Life jacket, paddle, and instructor
- Restrooms, lockers, changing rooms, outdoor shower