Yoga asanas on the Hudson River using anchored paddleboards.
Stand-Up Paddleboarding Lessons
SUP Basics 1-2-3-4
- Shoes that can get wet
- Quick-dry athletic clothes
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Water bottle and energy snack
- Basics Lesson 2 hours
- Private Lesson 1.5 hours
- Basics 4 Pack 8 hours
SUP Lessons in NYC
Lessons Resume on May 13th 2023. Reserve today!
Learn to use a touring SUP to join intermediate river trips and beyond.
Each lesson includes vigorous exercise. A fit person can finish 1-2 lessons in one weekend but usually not more. Lessons cannot be rescheduled within 72 hours of the start time.
SUP Basics 1: Fundamental! Learn to get outfitted and do basic strokes.
SUP Basics 2: Develop board control using torso rotation.
SUP Basics 3: Refine your steering and learn to self-rescue, a safety essential.
SUP Basics 4: Learn about water safety then paddle out to the waves and wind.
Private Lessons: Learn alone or with your own mates. This may substitute for any Basics lesson. The 4 Pack does not apply to privates.
- Ages 15+
- No swimming experience needed
- Maximum body weight is 225 lb
- Must be able to do 10 push-ups and 10 squats comfortably
- A board that fits your body and preferences
- Life jacket, paddle, and instructor
- Restrooms, lockers, changing rooms, outdoor shower
Choose from the schedule