3 sequential Kayak Basics classes to qualify for Intermediate tours, trainings, and memberships.
Basics Class Series 1-2-3
- 3 Class Pack Kayak 1-2-3, SUP 1-2-3 or mix & match
Learn How to Kayak or Stand Up Paddle Board in NYC!
Learn to use touring kayaks or stand-up paddle boards (SUPs). We teach you the fundamentals: how to get outfitted, coordinate your body during each stroke, go straight and turn with control, rescue yourself, and gain awareness on open waters. Classes go in order: Kayak 1, 2, 3 or SUP 1, 2, 3. Get the Basics 3 Pack now, then sign up for classes later. No swimming or boating experience is required.
Are you ready for real adventures on the waters of New York City? Finishing Kayak 1-2-3 or SUP 1-2-3 qualifies you for Intermediate Tours and Trainings and Memberships.
- Ages 15+
- 225 lb maximum
- 3 Pack doesn’t apply to Private classes
- Must be able to do 10 push-ups and 10 squats
- Your redemption code will be valid until 10/22/23
What To Bring
- Shoes that can get wet
- Quick-dry athletic clothes
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Water bottle and energy snack
- Change of clothes for afterwards
- Lifejacket, paddle, and friendly instructors
- Touring kayak or stand-up paddle board that fits you
- Restrooms, lockers, outdoor showers, changing rooms