Paddle and explore the history of Manhattan, Hell’s Kitchen, and Chelsea.
Downtown History Trip
- Person on our kayaks
- Person on our SUPs
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Paddle and explore the history of Lower Manhattan
Discover lost eras of Lower Manhattan from Native American settlements to the oldest surviving pier in NYC. We start with a presentation at the Pier 84 Boathouse. Then, paddle downtown with a tour guide. Float and explore the history of the West Village, TriBeCa, and the Battery. After a snack on the water, paddle back with the guide. We cover 9 miles round trip.
- Ages 18+
- Required – This is an advanced trip. Paddlers must have finished the Surf City Trip this season
What to bring:
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Dry bag with water bottle and snacks
- Quick dry clothes suitable for the day and extras for after
- Touring kayak or paddle board, lifejacket, paddle, and tour guide
- Restrooms, lockers, outdoor shower, changing rooms