Paddle and explore the history of Midtown Manhattan, Hell’s Kitchen, and Chelsea.
Jersey City History Tour
- On-land presentation
- Person on our kayaks
- Person on our SUPs
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Paddle and Explore the History of Jersey City
Dive into the history of Jersey City from ironclad warships to one of the earliest European settlements. We start with an hour presentation at the Pier 84 Boathouse Classroom that’s free to the public. Then, Advanced-Expert paddlers go with a tour guide across the Hudson River and along the Jersey City waterfront. The tour finishes at the Morris Canal. After a snack on the water, paddle back with the guide. We cover 10 miles round trip.
- First hour is a free slideshow presentation open to the public
- The on-water tour is at an Advanced level. Before booking, complete 4 Intermediate tours this season or get pre-screened. Each season, start with shorter tours and work up to longer tours.
What To Bring
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Dry bag with water bottle and snacks
- Quick dry clothes and extras for afterwards
- 1 hour presentation on land and 3 hour optional paddle trip
- Touring kayak or paddle board, lifejacket, paddle, and tour guide
- Restrooms, lockers, outdoor shower, changing rooms