Paddle and explore the history of Manhattan, Hell’s Kitchen, and Chelsea.
Jersey City History Trip
- Person on our kayaks
- Person on our SUPs
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Paddle and explore the history of Jersey City
Dive into the history of Jersey City from ironclad warships to one of the earliest European settlements. We start with a presentation at the Pier 84 Boathouse. Then, paddle with a tour guide across the Hudson River and along the Jersey City waterfront. The tour finishes at the Morris Canal. After a snack on the water, paddle back with the guide. We cover 10 miles round trip.
- Ages 18+
- Requirements: This is an Intermediate trip. Complete Kayak or SUP Basics 4-lesson series or get approval before booking. Each season, start with shorter trips and work up to longer trips.
What to bring:
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Dry bag with water bottle and snacks
- Quick dry clothes suitable for the day and extras for after
- Touring kayak or paddle board, lifejacket, paddle, and tour guide
- Restrooms, lockers, outdoor shower, changing rooms