Paddle and explore the histories of the Hoboken and Weehawken waterfronts.
Midtown History Trip
- Person on our kayaks
- Person on our SUPs
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Paddle and explore the history of Central Manhattan
Visit hidden relics of Central Manhattan from a massive fire in Hell’s Kitchen to the disembarkation of the Titanic’s survivors. We start with a presentation at the Pier 84 Boathouse. Then, paddle with a tour guide along the waterfronts of Hell’s Kitchen and Chelsea. The tour finishes at Little Island. After a snack on the water, paddle back with the guide. We cover 4 miles round trip.
- Ages 18+
- Required – must have finished Kayak or SUP Basics 4
What to bring:
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Dry bag with water bottle and snacks
- Quick dry clothes suitable for the day and extras for after
- Touring kayak or paddle board, lifejacket, paddle, and tour guide
- Restroom, lockers, outdoor showers, changing room