Paddle and explore the histories of the Hoboken and Weehawken waterfronts.
Midtown History Tour
- On-land presentation
- Person on our kayaks
- Person on our SUPs
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Paddle and Explore the History of Midtown Manhattan
We start with an hour presentation at the Pier 84 Boathouse Classroom that’s free to the public. Then, Intermediate-Expert paddlers hit the water with a guide and tour the waterfronts of Hell’s Kitchen and Chelsea.
Visit the site of a massive fire in Hell’s Kitchen, see where the Titanic’s survivors came ashore, and more. We snack on the water at Little Island then paddle back. We cover 4 miles round trip.
- First hour is a free slideshow presentation open to the public
- The river tour is at an Intermediate level. Before booking, complete Basics 1-2-3 Classes or get pre-screened. Each season, start with shorter tours and work up to longer tours.
What To Bring
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Dry bag with water bottle and snacks
- Quick dry clothes suitable for the day and extras for after
- 1 hour presentation on land and 2.5 hour optional paddle trip
- Touring kayak or paddle board, lifejacket, paddle, and tour guide
- Restroom, lockers, outdoor showers, changing room