Rent a kayak or SUP in our fun NYC cove for families, kids 3+ and dogs.
- Shoes that can get wet
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Water bottle and dog treats
- If unvaccinated for COVID, wear a face mask
- Arrive in quick-dry athletic clothes and bring extras
- Per Person with dog
- Person and dog on our single kayaks 200 lb maximum weight
- Person and dog on our double kayaks Fits 1-2 people and dog • 425 lb maximum weight
- Person and dog on our paddle boards 300 lb maximum weight
Yappy Hour is a great way to get exercise outdoors with your dog. We guide you through outfitting, learning basic strokes, and launching at the Pier 84 Boathouse. Then, paddle with your dog for 30 minutes alongside the Intrepid. We’ll be on the water to help you.
We welcome dogs of all sizes. Owners pick up after their dog and manage aggressiveness. It’s okay if your dog is shy of the water. Yappy Hour is an easy way to try and see what happens.
- No water experience needed
- People ages 18+ with dog only
- Dogs under 15 lb can ride together
- Clipped nails and rabies tag required
- Select a boat with the correct weight capacity
- Space is limited
- Water bowls and poop bags
- Lifejackets for dog and dog owner
- Lockers, outdoor shower, restrooms
- Kayak or stand-up paddleboard and paddle