Get amazing NYC views by kayak. No experience needed.
- Shoes that can get wet
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Water bottle and energy snack
- If unvaccinated for COVID, wear a face mask
- Arrive in quick-dry athletic clothes and bring extras
- Per Person
- Single kayaks
- Double kayaks
- Regular stand-up paddleboards
- Big easy stand-up paddleboards
- Touring kayaks Basics students & grads only
- Touring stand-up paddleboards Basics students & grads only
Enjoy a casual float in the cove along the Intrepid!
An ideal and affordable outing for families, kids 3+ and dogs. We give a quick lesson on how to use kayak or SUP, then you’re off for 45 minutes! Enjoy the calm water between the Pier 84 Boathouse and the Intrepid Aircraft Carrier in Manhattan.
Renters stay in the supervised cove and don’t paddle into the Hudson River. NYC’s scenic waterways require local expertise to go safely. Join our Skyline Kayak Trip or NY After Dark Trip for a scenic guided trip. Or, take lessons to qualify for Intermediate Trips.
- No water experience needed
- Maximum weight is 250 lb per person
- Minors: Kids must be accompanied by an adult. If their parent will not be present, the parent must sign an e-waiver to designate the adult who will be. Ages 11-17 can ride alone with an adult on premises. Ages 3-10 must ride a double kayak with an adult. Ages 0-2 stay on land with an adult.
- Restroom, lockers, changing room
- Kayak or stand-up paddle board (SUP), lifejacket, paddle, quick lesson