Get amazing NYC views by kayak. No experience needed.
- Face mask
- Shoes that can get wet
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Water bottle and energy snack
- Arrive in quick-dry athletic clothes and bring extras
- Per Person
- Single kayaks
- Double kayaks
- Recreational stand-up paddleboards
- Big easy stand-up paddleboards
- Touring kayaks Basics students only
- Touring stand-up paddleboards Basics students only
Enjoy a casual float in the cove along the Intrepid!
An ideal and affordable outing for families, kids 3+ and dogs. We give a quick lesson on how to use the paddle and boat, then you’re off for 45 minutes! Enjoy the calm water between the Pier 84 Boathouse and the Intrepid Aircraft Carrier.
Renters stay in the supervised cove and don’t paddle into the Hudson River. It’s a commercial waterway and requires local expertise to go safely. For this, join the Skyline Kayak Trip or NY After Dark Trip or qualify for Intermediate Trips.
- No water experience needed
- Maximum body weight is 250 lb
- Minors: Parent or guardian must ride a double kayak with ages 3-10, accompany ages 11-15, and sign the e-waiver for unaccompanied ages 16-17
- Restroom, lockers, changing room
- Kayak or board, lifejacket, paddle, quick lesson