Learn to calculate tidal currents, plan trips, and navigate NYC waters.
River Rescues Class For Paddlers
- Per Person
Learn How To Do A Self-Rescue & Rescue Others
Be confident in your ability to rescue other kayakers, paddle boarders and self-propelled boats. Rescues are a crucial skill if you plan to paddle without a guide. Given the Hudson River’s wind, waves, boat traffic and tidal currents, it is essential to be practiced in self-rescues. We’ll cover essential rescues: Tampa T-rescues, bow rescues, and self-rescues. Our senior guides teach this class according to American Canoe Association standards.
- We recommend completing Basics 1-2-3 Classes prior to joining, but it’s not required.
What To Bring
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Water bottle and energy snack
- Arrive in quick-dry athletic clothes and bring extras
- Touring kayak or board, lifejacket, paddle, and instructor
- Participants may bring their own boat if they prefer
- Restroom, lockers, outdoor showers, changing room