Wander along spectacular vertical cliffs by the shore.
- Person on our kayaks
- Person on our SUPs
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Ride to the Robbins Reef Lighthouse!
We paddle south from the Pier 84 Boathouse to the Robbins Reef Lighthouse. Now automated, the light has a storied history, its most famous keeper being Kate Walker, who took over after her husband’s death. After 5 years of marriage, he died of pneumonia and compelled her to “Mind the light, Kate” and she did so for 33 storied years. We’ll pay tribute to Kate, explore the Bayonne waterfront, including the Tear Drop Memorial and Caven Point, then break for lunch before paddling 2 hours back. We’ll cover 18 miles.
- This is an Advanced tour. Before booking, complete 4 Intermediate tours this season or get pre-screened. Each season, start with shorter tours and work up to longer tours.
What to Bring
- 3 liters of drinking water
- Shoes to wear on land during the break
- Dry bag with snacks, supplements and money
- Quick dry clothes suitable for the day and extras for after
- Kayak or paddle board, life jacket, paddle, and guide
- Restroom, locker, outdoor shower, changing room, water bottle filler
Photo credit to John Rakis, Flickr.