Amazing. Get close up to Liberty. Float and behold.
- 3 liters of drinking water
- Shoes to wear on land during the break
- Dry bag with packed lunch and supplements
- Quick dry clothes suitable for the day and extras for after
- Person on our kayaks
- Person on our SUPs
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Ride to an isolated lighthouse with a fascinating story
We paddle south from the Pier 84 Boathouse to the Robbins Reef Lighthouse. Now automated, the light has a storied history, its most famous keeper being Kate Walker, who took over after her husband’s death. After 5 years of marriage, he died of pneumonia and compelled her to “Mind the light, Kate” and she did so for 33 storied years. We’ll pay tribute to Kate, explore the Bayonne waterfront, then break before paddling 2 hours back. We’ll cover 18 miles.
After this, join the Red Hook Trip.
- Skill level – advanced
- Requirements: This is an Advanced trip. Complete at least 3 Intermediate trips this year or get approval before booking. Each season, start with shorter trips and work up to longer trips.
- Kayak or paddle board, life jacket, paddle, and guide
- Restroom, locker, outdoor shower, changing room, water bottle filler
Photo credit to John Rakis, Flickr.