Outdoor Adventures in the Heart of Manhattan
Experience skyline panoramas and unforgettable outdoor fun with your group. Mixed fitness levels and physiques are normal. Private outings can range from 1 to 10 people during the COVID-19 pandemic. After the pandemic, we’ll return to our normal group sizes of up to 40 people.
During every outing, our guides match everyone with the right kayak or board from our fleet. Prior swim or kayak experience is not needed. Please read our COVID safety guidelines before your booking.
The best ways for novice groups to go kayaking
Our most popular group outings are:
The Skyline Kayaking Adventure
• A 10-minute land lesson and 45-minute guided trip with great views of Manhattan’s skyline using safe and easy sit-on-top kayaks. Paddle boards are available only for those with Intermediate experience.
• This is an easy trip on the Hudson River, even for people of lesser fitness levels. Those afraid of water are free to relax on the garden patio.
Intrepid Bay Rental
• A 10-minute land lesson and 1-hour of unstructured time or games led by our guides in the protected Bay. Use kayaks or stand-up paddle boards.
• This is ideal for unstructured groups on a budget who want to enter and exit the water as they desire.
What we provide to your group
• Kayaks, paddleboards, paddle, lifejackets suited for all sizes
• An enthusiastic and American Canoe Association certified guide who will lead your group through the entire experience
On-Water Activities: The Skyline Kayaking Adventure is $55 per person on weekdays and $70 per person on weekends. The Intrepid Bay Rental is $25 per person on weekdays and $40 per person on weekends. We require billing information to secure the reservation here, then we run payment on the day of the outing.
Cancel & Reschedule: Reservations must be cancelled or modified at least 24 hours ahead. Within 24 hours, there is a $25 per person fee for each cancel or modification. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule before 9am on the day of because of lightning or strong wind.
Location: Pier 84 Boathouse at 555 12th Avenue at West 44th Street in Manhattan
What’s inside: open-air space, boat racks, lockers, changing rooms, restrooms
What’s outside: garden patio, boat staging area, dock
Tour takes time to load:
Book your group today
Complete the form below or inquire to us at [email protected]. We highly recommend reserving at least 3 weeks prior because our schedule fills quickly.