Outdoor Adventures in the Heart of Manhattan
Open to novices starting on May 1st.
Sign up for pre-season offers on our home page now.
Skyline panoramas and unforgettable outdoor fun are right here in Midtown Manhattan. Your group likely has mixed fitness physical levels and physiques – that’s normal. Our guides match everyone with the right kayak or board from our fleet.
Prior swim or kayak experience is not needed. Please read our COVID guidelines before booking.
Our most popular group outings for novices
Skyline Kayaking Trip for Private Groups
• 10-minutes of outfitting, 10-minutes of an on-land lesson and a 1-hour guided trip with great views of Manhattan’s skyline. Use safe and easy sit-on-top kayaks.
• This is an easy trip on the Hudson River, even for people of lesser fitness levels. Those afraid of water are free to relax on the garden patio.
Rentals in the Intrepid Cove
• A 10-minute land lesson and 45-minutes of unstructured time or games led by our guides in the protected Bay. Use kayaks or stand-up paddle boards.
• Cove renters stay in the cove alongside the Intrepid, which is the size of one NYC city block. Renters do not leave into the River without a guide. To go into the River with a guide, choose the Skyline Kayaking Trip above.
• This is ideal for unstructured groups on a budget.
What we provide
• Kayaks, boards, paddle, lifejackets.
• Enthusiastic staff lead your group through the entire experience.
• Assurance that only your guests are included in the outing.
Cost: Private trips are $80 per person on weekdays and $100 per person on weekends. Rentals in the Cove are $25 per person for a private group. Group rates are for 7 people and up. For smaller groups, check out our Private Sessions page or simply book on our public schedule.
Scheduling: Our schedule fills quickly. Plan two weeks ahead. Billing info is required to secure the reservation. We run payment after the outing.
Cancel & Reschedule: Within 24 hours, there is a $25 per person cancellation fee. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule before 9am on the day of because of lightning or strong wind.
Location: Pier 84 Boathouse at 555 12th Avenue at West 44th Street in Manhattan
What’s inside: open-air space, boat racks, changing rooms, restrooms.
What’s outside: socially-distant garden patio, lockers, boat staging area, dock.
Book your group today
Complete the form below or inquire to us at [email protected]. We highly recommend reserving at least 2 weeks prior because our schedule fills quickly.