Book your private kayak group today
Send a note to us at [email protected]nhattankayak.com or call us at 212-924-1788. Let us know about how many people are in your group, your preferred days and times, and which session type you’re interested in. We recommend booking at least three weeks prior.
Bond together in the heart of Manhattan
Get on the Hudson River to experience skyline panoramas and have unforgettable fun with your team. Most groups have mixed experiences and physiques. Group sizes can range from 4 to 40 people. Our guides match everyone with the right kayak or board from our fleet. Swim or kayak experience is not needed. Even those afraid of water relax after a few minutes on easy and super stable sit-on-top kayaks.
What is the typical event?
Our most popular outings are:
Skyline Kayak Trip
– A 10-minute land lesson and 1-hour guided trip with great views of Manhattan’s skyline using safe and easy sit-on-top kayaks
– This is an easy trip, even for those with no water experience
Intrepid Bay Fun-Building
– A 10-minute lesson and an hour of splashy fun games such as Dragon and Supsquatch racing and Octopus tag
– This is an easy session, even for those with no water experience. We ramp up based on the group’s energy
Intermediate or Advanced Trips
– A 3 hour – 10 hour trip on the Hudson and NY Harbor with a guide to your choice destination
– For the most experienced adult paddlers only
• Kayaks, paddleboards, lifejackets suited for all sizes
• Locker room with locks, changing rooms, shower, indoor bike racks
• Garden patio and lounges for food and refreshments
Food and Refreshments: Use the garden patio and indoor lounge for refreshments or food for a $250 fee per hour. We accept deliveries and recommend Sunac Natural Market at West 42nd St and 12th Ave.
Price: Price per person is $50 (weekdays) and $80 (weekends) for the average session (1.5 – 2 hours). Billing info is required to secure the reservation. Payment will be run on the day of your outing.
Cancel & Reschedule: Reservations must be cancelled or rescheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Within 24 hours, there is a fee of $25 per person for each cancel or reschedule. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule before 9am on the day of, if there is lightning or strong wind.
Space for fun and joy at the Pier 84 Boathouse
What’s inside: open space, lounge, boat racks, bike racks, lockers, changing rooms
What’s outside: lounge, garden, shower, boat staging area, dock – will be added to virtual tour this month (July)
Come by the Pier 84 Boathouse, located at 555 12th Ave at West 44th Street in Manhattan
Tour takes time to load: