Outdoor fun in the heart of Manhattan
Experience skyline panoramas and unforgettable outdoor fun with your team. Mixed fitness levels and physiques are normal. Private group sizes can range from 4 to 40 people. Smaller groups from 4 to 6 can join our regularly scheduled kayak tours if mixing with others isn’t an issue.
During every outing, our guides match everyone with the right kayak or board from our fleet. Prior swim or kayak experience is not needed for these outings.
The best ways for novice groups to go kayaking
Our most popular group outings are:
The Skyline Kayak Tour
• A 10-minute land lesson and 45-minute guided trip with great views of Manhattan’s skyline using safe and easy sit-on-top kayaks. SUP paddleboards are available only for those with Intermediate experience.
• This is an easy trip on the River, even for people of different fitness levels. Those afraid of water are free to relax on the garden patio.
Intrepid Bay Rental
• A 10-minute land lesson and 1-hour of unstructured time or games led by our guides in the protected Bay. Use kayaks or stand-up paddle boards.
• This is ideal for kids because they play and can come in and out as they desire.
What we provide to your group
• Kayaks, paddleboards, paddle, lifejackets suited for all sizes
• Space with lockers, locks, changing rooms, outdoor shower, and indoor bike racks
• Garden patio and lounge for socializing, relaxing, food and refreshments
On-Water Activities: The Skyline Kayak Tour is $55 per person on weekdays and $70 per person on weekends. The Intrepid Bay Rental is $25 per person on weekdays and $40 per person on weekends. We require billing information to secure the reservation here, then we run payment on the day of the outing. Any tips for your guide is not included.
Food and Refreshments: Use the garden patio for $250 for the first hour and $200 for each additional hour. We do not offer food or drinks, but will accept deliveries and recommend Sunac Natural Market at West 42nd Street and 12th Avenue. There are no hidden fees.
Cancel & Reschedule: Reservations must be cancelled or modified at least 24 hours ahead. Within 24 hours, there is a $25 per person fee for each cancel or modification. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule before 9 a.m. on the day of because of lightning or strong wind.
Location: Pier 84 Boathouse at 555 12th Avenue at West 44th Street in Manhattan
What’s inside: open space, lounge, boat racks, bike racks, lockers, changing rooms, restrooms
What’s outside: lounge, garden, hammock, shower, boat staging area, dock
Tour takes time to load:
Book your group today
Complete the form below or inquire to us at [email protected]. We highly recommend reserving at least 3 weeks prior because our schedule fills quickly.