Essentials For Your Visit
We prioritize your safety first at Manhattan Kayak. We aim to keep you and our staff safe during this COVID-19 pandemic. Please read this policy before arriving at the Pier 84 Boathouse. Thank you very much!
BEFORE YOUR VISIT:
- Reservations are required for all activities.
- If you or anyone in your house is sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, stay home.
- Each person must sign an e-waiver before visiting.
- Bring a face cover for your nose and mouth. It must always be worn at the reception area, outdoor patio, and dock. The face cover may be removed on water only by explicit staff instructions.
DURING YOUR VISIT:
- No cash can be accepted. Reserve seats online, sign an e-waiver, and pay prior to entering.
- Wear your face cover on land at all times. We give each person one Ziplock bag to keep their face cover dry on the water.
- Only recreate with people you live with. With others, you must observe social distance and may not use a tandem kayak.
- Give 6 feet of social distance at all times. When queueing around others, stand on the colored floor markings.
- Use hand sanitizing stations before entering the check-in area and dock.
- Cold-weather clothing is not available for lending out. Bring your own water-resistant top and bottom on chilly days.
OUR STEPS FOR VISITORS AND STAFF:
- We enacted a NY Forward COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan.
- Reservations are required to limit the number of people in the space.
- Paddles are self-serve and disinfected after use with CDC-approved products.
- Lifejackets are self-serve, washed after each use, and used only once per daily.
- Kayaks and boards are disinfected with CDC-approved products after each use.
- Staff are screened on arrival and stay home if they feel sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Face masks must be worn by all people while on land, and also on water during busier times.
- Visitors can use 3 alcohol-based hand-sanitizing stations and 2 touch-less hand-wash sinks.
- Check-in is 100% contact-less. We use signs, stanchions, and plexiglass to spread out visitors.
- Signage throughout promotes social distancing, face coverings, hand washing, and sanitizing.
- We follow all federal, state, local, and industry guidelines for social distancing and cleaning/disinfecting.
Have a safe and fun time on the water!