ESSENTIALS FOR YOUR VISIT
We prioritize your safety first at Manhattan Kayak. We aim to keep you and our staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please read this policy before arriving at Pier 84 Boathouse. Thank you very much!
BEFORE YOUR VISIT:
- Reservations are required.
- If you or anyone in your house is sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms or has been near someone who has, stay home.
- Each person must sign an e-waiver before visiting.
- Bring a face cover for your nose and mouth. It must be worn at the boathouse and dock. It may be removed on the water while keeping 6 feet from others at all times.
DURING YOUR VISIT:
- No cash accepted. Reserve seats online and sign an e-waiver prior to entering.
- Wear your face cover on land at all times. We can provide a Ziploc bag to keep the face cover dry on the water.
- Give 6 feet of social distance at all times, including when queueing around others.
- Use hand sanitizing stations located around the boathouse.
- Arrive dressed in quick-drying clothing. Clothing is not available for borrow or sale.
OUR STEPS FOR VISITORS AND STAFF:
- We follow a NY Forward COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan.
- Reservations are required to limit the number of people in the space.
- Paddles are disinfected after use with CDC-approved products.
- Lifejackets are washed after each use and used only once daily.
- Kayaks and boards are disinfected with CDC-approved products after each use.
- Staff are screened on arrival and stay home if they feel sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Face masks must be worn by all people while on land, and also on the water during busier times.
- Visitors can use 5 alcohol-based hand-sanitizing stations and 2 touch-less hand-wash sinks.
- Check-in is 100% contact-less. We use signs, stanchions, and plexiglass to spread out visitors.
- Signage throughout promotes social distancing, face coverings, hand washing, and sanitizing.
- We follow all federal, state, local, and industry guidelines for social distancing and cleaning/disinfecting.
HAVE A SAFE AND FUN TIME ON THE WATER!
“Life is not about going back. Nobody goes back. We go forward. And it’s going to be different. This is about reopening to a new normal — a safer normal.”
– Governor Andrew M. Cuomo