OUTDOOR FUN IN MIDTOWN MANHATTAN
Skyline panoramas and unforgettable outdoor fun are right here in Midtown Manhattan. Your group likely has mixed fitness, physical levels, and physiques – that’s normal. Our guides match everyone with the right kayak or board from our fleet.
SKYLINE KAYAKING TRIP FOR GROUPS
• Start with 10-minutes of outfitting at the boathouse, get a 10-minute on-land lesson, then spend an hour on the water with great views of Manhattan’s skyline.
• Enjoy a made-for-beginners trip on the scenic Hudson River. This trip is for people of all ages and fitness levels. Prior swim or kayak experience is not needed.
• Ages 13+ only. Age 13-17 must ride in a double kayak with a parent or guardian.
We provide: Your choice of single and double kayaks, paddles, lifejackets, and friendly guides through the entire experience. We do not provide paddleboards on these trips.
Cost: $65 per person on weekdays only for 6-30 people. Groups under 6 should reserve on our regular schedule.
RENT IN THE COVE FOR GROUPS
• An ideal outing for casual groups of beginners on a budget. Start with a 10 minute land lesson then spend 45 minutes of unstructured time in the cove.
• Renters stay in the cove alongside the Intrepid, which is the size of one NYC city block. To go into the River, choose the Skyline Kayaking Trip above.
• Minors: Parent or guardian must ride a double kayak with ages 3-10, accompany ages 11-15, and sign the e-waiver for unaccompanied ages 16-17. For ages 16-17, one adult must be present for every 6 minors.
• We provide: Your choice of single kayaks, double kayaks, or stand-up paddleboards, paddles, lifejackets.
• Cost: $15 per person for groups of 10-30 people. Groups under 10 people should reserve on our regular schedule
WELCOME TO THE BOATHOUSE
Location: We’re right on the Hudson River at the Pier 84 Boathouse in the Hudson River Park. Cross streets are West 44th St and 12th Ave in Manhattan.
What’s inside: open-air space, boat racks, changing rooms, restrooms.
What’s outside: socially-distant garden patio, lockers, boat staging area, dock.
Note: We revamped our changing rooms and garden lounge since recording this virtual tour.