Kayaking for Kids
For Up To 33 People
About: Kids love playing water games while learning to kayak and stand-up paddle board in NYC. The group gets a fun 10-minute lesson on land, then our ACA-Certified kayak guides lead on-water games. Games include Kayak Soccer, Sharks and Minnows, Relay Racing, Follow the Leader, and Tag. The session stays in the cove between the Pier 84 Boathouse and the Intrepid. Chaperones join for free!
Who can join: No swimming or boating experience required. Ages 3+ must be accompanied by an adult. Ages 3-7 must ride a double kayak with an adult; 1 chaperone required per 10 minors. Maximum weight is 250 lb per person.
We provide: ACA-Certified kayak guides, kayaks, paddle boards, lifejackets, changing rooms, restrooms, lockers, outdoor shower, waterfront patio option.
Rates: $35 per person for the 1.5 hour lesson.
An Awesome Serene Place For Groups
Location: Pier 84 Boathouse in the Hudson River Park. Cross streets are West 44th Street and 12th Avenue. The address is 555 12th Avenue, New York, NY 10019 although the Boathouse is not visible along 12th Avenue.
What’s inside: Lounge, boat racks, changing rooms, restrooms, lockers.
What’s outside: Waterfront patio, garden, boat staging area, dock.
We revamped our changing rooms and patio since recording the virtual walkthrough.
- Each reservation requires payment at the time of booking.
- To cancel or reschedule, email us at [email protected].
- Up to 72 Hours before Your Reservation: We will refund the amount paid include changes to the number of participants.
- 0-72 Hours before Your Reservation & No Shows: No credit or rescheduling is possible.
- Weather: We’ll email you 24 hours before if we expect strong rain, wind, or storms. We’ll fully reimburse you when we cancel. We do not cancel due to overcast skies or light drizzle.