OUTDOOR FUN IN MIDTOWN MANHATTAN
Skyline panoramas and unforgettable outdoor fun are right here in Midtown Manhattan. Private groups usually have mixed fitness, physical levels, and physiques – that’s normal. Our guides match everyone with the right kayak or board from our fleet.
KAYAK TRIPS FOR PRIVATE GROUPS
• The ideal 1.5 hour experience. We guide you through outfitting, a quick lesson, and launching. Then, you kayak among great views of Manhattan for an hour.
• This trip is made for beginners of all fitness levels. Prior swim or kayak experience is not needed. 225 lb maximum per person.
We provide: Your choice of single and double kayaks (no SUPs), paddles, lifejackets, and guides. We supply changing rooms, restrooms, lockers, and an outdoor shower.
Minors: Ages 13+ only. Age 13-17 must ride in a double kayak with an adult. Every minor’s parent must sign an e-waiver specifying the adult who will accompany them.
Cost: $65 per person for 6-60 people. 30 people may go on the water at a time. Private groups from 31-60 people may go in two back-to-back trips. Groups under 6 should reserve on our Skyline Trip schedule.
Availability: All available times are online. If your preferred time is not on the Private Trip calendar, check the Skyline Trip calendar. Those trips are not private but we may open up space to fit you in.
RENT IN THE COVE FOR PRIVATE GROUPS
• An ideal outing for casual groups of beginners on a budget. Start with a 10 minute land lesson then spend 45 minutes of unstructured time in the cove.
• Renters stay in the cove along the Intrepid, which is the size of one NYC city block. To go into the River, choose the Skyline Kayaking Trip above.
• We provide: Your choice of single kayaks, double kayaks, and stand-up paddle boards, paddles, lifejackets.
• Minors: One adult must be on the water to accompany every 6 minors. An adult must ride a double kayak with ages 3-10 and accompany ages 11-17. Every minor’s parent must sign an e-waiver specifying the adult who will accompany them.
• Cost: $15 per person for groups of 10-30 people. Groups of 31 or more people may go in several back-to-back sessions. Groups under 10 people should reserve on our Rentals in the Cove schedule.
CANCELING & RESCHEDULING
- Each reservation requires payment at the time of booking. You will receive a copy of the following policy with your receipt.
- To cancel or reschedule, email us at [email protected].
- Up to 72 Hours before Your Reservation: A $5 Fee per participant applies to canceled or rescheduled reservations. For cancellations, we refund the difference.
- 0-72 Hours before Your Reservation & No Shows: A $5 Fee per participant applies to canceled reservations. No credit or rescheduling is possible.
- Weather: We’ll email you 24 hours before if we expect strong rain, wind, or storms. If the local forecast predicts strong rain or storms during your outing, you may cancel without penalty. We’ll fully reimburse you when we agree to cancel. We do not cancel due to overcast skies or light drizzle.
WELCOME TO THE BOATHOUSE!
Location: We’re right on the Hudson River at the Pier 84 Boathouse in the Hudson River Park. Cross streets are West 44th St and 12th Ave in Manhattan, New York City.
What’s inside: open-air space, boat racks, changing rooms, restrooms.
What’s outside: socially-distant garden patio, lockers, boat staging area, dock.
We revamped our changing rooms and garden lounge since recording this virtual tour.