Amazing. Get close up to Liberty. Float and behold.
- 3 liters of drinking water
- Shoes to wear on land during the break
- Dry bag with packed lunch and supplements
- Face mask required indoors
- Quick dry clothes suitable for the day’s conditions and extras for after
- Person on our kayaks 50% off for members
- Person on our SUPs 50% off for members
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
Discover the Robbins Reef Lighthouse
Participants must have comfortably finished the Surf City Trip or Palisades Trip this year.
We paddle south from the Pier 84 Boathouse to the Robbins Reef Lighthouse. Now automated, the light has a storied history, its most famous keeper being Kate Walker, who took over after her husband’s untimely death. After 5 years of marriage, he died of pneumonia and compelled her to “Mind the light, Kate” and she did so for 33 storied years. We’ll pay tribute to Kate, explore the Bayonne waterfront, then break at Black Tom before paddling 2 hours back. We’ll cover 15 miles round trip.
After this, join the Red Hook Trip.
- Skill level – advanced
- Required – must have comfortably finished the Surf City, Liberty, or Palisades Trips this year
- Kayak or paddleboard, life jacket, paddle, and guide
- Restroom, locker, outdoor shower, changing room, water bottle filler
Photo credit to John Rakis, Flickr.