Cozy up to this ex-warship on the Harlem waterfront.
Ellis Island Trip
- Person on our touring kayaks 50% off for members
- Person on our touring SUPs 50% off for members
- Your own kayak or SUP For boathouse storage owners only
More than 12 million immigrants came to the shores of this small island!
We paddle south from the Pier 84 Boathouse to the confluence of the Hudson River and the Upper Bay. We turn before the Statue of Liberty and circle around Ellis Island. After snapping photos and on-water snacking, we head back on the flood. This trip has no landing stops for meals or bathrooms. We’ll cover 11 miles round trip.
- Requirements: This is an Advanced trip. Complete at least 3 Intermediate trips this year or get approval before booking. Each season, start with shorter trips and work up to longer trips.
What to bring:
- Your own lock for the lockers
- Dry bag with water bottle, thermos, and energy snacks
- Touring kayak or board, lifejacket, paddle, and guide
- Restroom, lockers, changing room
- We rent wet suits, paddle jackets, and neoprene boots