Experience the beautiful skyline of Manhattan! Tour guides lead you into the Hudson River for stunning panoramas.
Requires No Swimming Or Paddling Experience!
Swimming skills are not needed for these kayak tours. You use wide stable sit-on-top kayaks. They are easy to use and do not tip over. Every 6-7 participants has a kayak guide who stays nearby and helps you through the entire experience. We provide life jackets that float all sizes of people regardless of whether they are swimming.
These tours are ideal for first-time beginners to kayaking. If you used a recreational sit-on-top kayak before, you’ll enjoy these tours too. If you want to go kayaking at your own pace, book a Private Tour. During private tours, paddle for up to 1.5 hours at your own pace with a guide nearby for your safety. We do not rent kayaks to roam alone in NYC waters.
For people with strong Sea Kayaking or Stand-Up Paddle boarding experience, we offer many Intermediate-Expert guided tours that range from 2 hours to 9 hours. If you want to join those longer tours, start by filling out our Visitor Screening. We read it to determine your Sea Kayaking or Paddle Boarding skill level and invite you to join these longer tours.
72+ hours before the activity: Use the link in your confirmation email to rebook or cancel for credit. No refunds. If you used a code or gift credit to pay, contact us.
0-72 hours before the activity: No refunds or rebooks including for latecomers and no-shows.
Weather: For thunderstorms, heavy rain or unsafe weather, we email you at least 2 hours before the activity. When we decide to cancel, we rebook or refund you. If a participant arrives and feels unsafe for any reason, we’ll rebook or refund them.
- Shoes that can get wet
- Your own standard padlock for our lockers
- Wear quick-dry athletic clothes, not cotton
- Splash happens! Bring a change of clothes for afterwards
- Reusable water bottle to refill at our water fountain
All activities begin and end at the Pier 84 in the Hudson River Park in Midtown Manhattan near West 43rd St and 12th Ave. After you cross 12th Ave, walk out halfway out on Pier 84.
See our location in Google Maps.
(1) Citibike on the Hudson Greenway to the Ferry Terminal at West 40th St and 12th Avenue, dock the bike, then walk 5 minutes north.
(2) Ride your own bike here and leave it inside on the boathouse racks.
(3) Drive to West 43rd Street and 12th Avenue. Paid parking is available at Circle Line Cruises. There is street parking between 10-11th Avenues and 44-52nd Streets.
(4) Walk northwest from the Times Square or Hudson Yards subways.